Our Garden Route Tour will take you on an adventure to an area considered some of the most picturesque of the over 2000 kilometer South African coastline. There is an option of a Garden Route Photographic Tour, which will include photographic workshops, with Lesley Rochat, aka the Shark Warrior, inquire.
The Garden Route is a stretch of the south-eastern coast of South Africa, which extends from Mossel Bay in the Western Cape to the Storms River in the Eastern Cape. The name comes from the verdant and ecologically diverse vegetation encountered here, and the numerous lagoons, and lakes dotted along the coast.
Highlights of this adventure include full day wine tasting, exploring the Cango Caves, visiting an Ostrich Farm, river kayaking, hiking to a waterfall, meeting elephants, ziplinning, (and/or bungie jumping, inquire), Kynsna sunset cruise, World of Birds/Monkey Land and much more!
Create your own African Adventure, see our Add-ons, which compliment this Tour:
4+ nights any age Garden Route, South Africa
Activities in this program is a general routine and flexible depending on group preferences, and weather conditions etc. This itinerary is based on the 5 night tour:
- Full day Private Wine Tasting Tour (minimum of 3 Wine Estates) on the Stellenbosch/Robertson Wine Route.
- Lunch at one of the Estates against the backdrop of the picturesque mountains and vineyards
- Evening: Dinner at a Private Wine Estate
- Overnight at a Private Wine Estate
- Depart after breakfast for Outshoorn in the Little Karoo, semi-desert area, known as the ostrich capital of the world
- Lunch at an Ostrich Farm, followed by guided tour of the farm and a chance to stand on an ostrich egg!
- Head for the Cango Caves Tour, explore this magnificent, ancient cave system on either the normal tour or the adventure tour
- Travel to the Wilderness, a small coastal town, a scenic 1h40 minute drive over the beautiful Outeniqua Mountain Pass. Stop at the scenic ‘map of Africa’ lookout
- Overnight at a Guest House on the beachfront, overlooking the ocean
- Dinner at nearby restaurant
- Wake to the sound of the ocean and after breakfast depart for the river kayaking adventure through stunning indigenous forests, followed by a walk to a waterfall
- After light lunch on the river banks, depart for Kynsna, a scenic 40 minute drive
- Check in at Lodge overlooking Knysna Lagoon
- Afternoon at your leisure
- Depart 17:00 to enjoy sunset cruise to view the famous Knysna Heads
- After cruise early dinner in Knysna
- Overnight with view of Knysna Lagoon
- Depart after breakfast for the Knysna Elephant Sanctuary, enjoy a close encounter with these special rescued elephants
- Lunch in Plettenberg Bay on the beach
- After lunch drive 30 minutes to Monkey Land, the world’s first free roaming multi-species primate sanctuary, OR Birds of Eden, the largest free flight aviary in the world
- Travel 40 minutes to Tsitsikamma National Park and overnight in a log cabin hidden among the forest, and dine at the lodge
- After breakfast, option to treat yourself to a Spa Treatment at the Lodge, OR for those feeling like more adventure, go Ziplinning through a spectacular narrow gorge
- After morning activity travel 1 hour to Jeffrey’s Bay known for some of the best surf in South Africa
- After lunch in Jeffrey’s Bay, book into the Lodge overlooking the famous Super Tubes break
- Afternoon and evening at your leisure
If the dates below do not suit you, fill in your preferred dates in the form below.
|2018||1 July – 4 July 2018 FULL|
|2019||1 July – 4 July 2019|
|2018||Please complete inquiry form.|
|2019||Please complete inquiry form.|
|2018||Up to 14|
|2019||Up to 14|
There are 2 options for our Garden Route Tour, 3/4 Star accommodation package, and the 5 Star accommodation package. For both packages we select the best rated accommodation, which we have spent time at, ensuring that your experience will be special.
- 5 nights accommodation (optional 4 nights, please inquire)
- A Qualified Tour Guide or Lesley Rochat as photographic guide (4 or more people)
- Accommodation on a Bed and Breakfast basis
- Soft drinks while driving
- All entry fees
- All tours
- Sunset Cruise with drinks and oysters
- All lunches and dinners
- All drinks
- Spa Treatments
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY
In order to secure your place a 40% deposit is required. The balance must be paid 90 days before the tour. Should you book anything less than 90 days before the start of the tour, a 100% of cost is required to secure your booking.
Cancellation must be made in writing. Should you cancel more than 90 days in advance 90% will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days, no refund.
Proof of travel insurance must be presented on day of arrival.
Overall great experience with wide ranging activities and wonderful information.
Eric & Tina Landen ,Group Tour Guests from USA
Loved all of it! Thank you so much Lesley for working so hard to optimize the itinerary, and all your preparation and flexibility.
Heather Wheeler,Group Tour Guest from USA
The Big5 Safari in Timbavati was excellent. Highlights were the zebra kill, the leopard, the elephants, the Big 5!