This is a Big Animals Expedition in collaboration with Shark Warrior Adventures.
This 12 day humpback whale expedition is like nothing you’ve ever experienced. Of all whales, these gentle, playful giants are the most responsive to people. You will capture incredible images of mother and nearly-newborn humpbacks.
We choose the ideal time and place to encounter migrating humpback whales, when humpback mothers are nursing and raising newborn calves. Curious like toddlers, these two month-old calves will likely be willing to interact with you in the water.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
12 days 18+ age Tonga
- Travel and snorkel with whales
- Kayak, swim, test equipment
Day 3 & 8:
- Snorkel with whales
- Kayak and explore the island
- Snorkel with whales
- Pack and travel
Our expedition happens before tourist season starts and ahead of crowds. It is a family business, children of the legendary Feleti.
The Kingdom of Tonga is a utopian archipelago in the South Pacific. Blue Lagoon resort is on a private island. It is as quiet and intimate as it is picturesque and romantic.
You’ll love the unique characteristics of a South Pacific island, surrounded by sandy beaches that face a protected tranquil lagoon. Since Blue Lagoon is far removed from the busy populated main island, it is a favorite spot for migrating whales.
- 12 days of travel
- 8 days snorkeling with whales
- All transportation from Tonga to the resort including water taxi to Blue Lagoon from Vava’u (60 minute ride)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch box, and dinner)
- Expedition leader
- International and domestic flights
- Alcohol and soft drinks (soda)
- Hotel arrangement other than listed in lodging
- Single occupancy
- Unused part of the itinerary
- Personal charges such as laundry, fishing, or telecommunication charges
- Snorkeling gear
When we receive your deposit, we will send you a comprehensive and detailed trip preparation document about the experience and the destination. All trip costs are subject to change without prior notice until your reservation is confirmed. All trips require you carry trip, health, and dive (if applicable) insurance. This information as well as your passport photo will be requested after you place your deposit.
A deposit of 33% of the total trip price is required to secure space on the trip.
- Must be made in writing.
- More than 90 days before trip: Amount paid will be refunded less unrecoverable costs from promotional sales, administration costs, and processing fees.
- 90 days or less before trip: No refund will be made unless space is sold, less unrecoverable costs from promotional sales, administration costs, and processing fees.
- No refund is made for unused parts of the itinerary.
All diving is dictated by weather conditions and the itinerary is subject to change. There is no refund for no-dive days.
“What an incredible team at Shark Warrior! These guys are amazing! They offer a wonderful service at a great price!”
Pieter Schikkerling ,South Africa
“Being highly knowledgeable about her passion, the ocean and sharks, Lesley ensured I had a holiday of a lifetime!”
Stephen Neild ,United Kingdom
“Spending time with Lesley and seeing the world through her lens was a priviledge and very inspiring!”