The Bahamas is a truly magical dive destination with perfect conditions – mostly calm ocean and great visibility. It’s one of the most popular shark diving destinations in the world and for good reason: and during our 9-day ocean adventure we will be focused on diving with Great Hammerheads, Tiger Sharks, Caribbean Reef Sharks, Lemon Sharks, Bull Sharks, and Nurse Sharks.
9 days 18+ age Bahamas
SHARK PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
This expedition is open to anyone who has shark diving on their bucket list, with my Shark Photography Workshop on offer for all enthusiastic photographers. There is no minimum camera equipment requirement, nor level of experience, though it is not for the complete novice. It is for photography enthusiasts who, regardless of what stage they find themselves, want to take their photography to their next level.
It’s all about wide-angle photography so leave your macro lens behind. The workshop is divided between preparing for shooting underwater, shooting and post processing. I’ll cover best settings for shark photography, controlling light techniques for original results, and post-processing techniques to help you make those images pop.
My Expedition Photography Workshops are very relaxed and attending a Workshop Session is not compulsory. You are welcome to skip sessions and only attend the ones you are interested in.
WATER TEMPERATURE & VIZ
- Water temperature ranges between 26-30C (79F-86F). 3-5mm wetsuit for SCUBA diving, 3mm for snorkeling and freediving.
- Visibility ranges between 15-30m+ (50-98ft+), depending on location and time of day.
- Depth of dives range between 10-20m (32-65ft)
FREEDIVE, SNORKEL OR SCUBA
You have an option to snorkel, freedive or SCUBA dive. Please be sure to have your SCUBA diving certificate.
- Check in on board the Dolphin Dream between 4pm-7pm.
- Depart Palm Beach 10pm for our overnight cruise to the Bahamas.
- Arrive in the Bahamas and clear customs and immigration around 9am.
- 1st dive at Tiger Beach area around 2pm.
- 2 to 3 dives this day at “Anchor Chain” Tiger Beach area.
- After buffet dinner, Photography Workshop session by Lesley Rochat
Day 3 & 4:
- Breakfast around 7.30-8am
- First dive around 8.30-9am at Fish Tales, Tiger Beach area with Tigers, Lemons and Reef sharks.
- 3 to 4 dives and maybe a night dive.
- After dinner Photography Workshop.
- 4 November
- Tiger Beach area with Tigers, Lemons, Nurse Sharks, Reef Sharks and Bull Sharks, 3 – 4 dives.
- After dinner Photography Workshop.
Day 6 & 7:
- We will spend two days concentrating on Great Hammerheads at the location best suited for them at the time, 3 to 4 dives and maybe a night dive.
- After dinner, Photography Workshop.
- Great Hammerheads or Tiger Sharks depending on location, 3 – 4 dives.
- Depart this evening for Palm Beach, Florida.
- A light continental style breakfast is served. After clearing USA Customs at the Port of Palm Beach, we dock back at our marina and disembark around 9.30am – 10am.
|2018||22 – 30 March
13 – 21 November
|2019||13 – 21 November|
|2018||USA $ 3 850 per person sharing|
|2019||USA $ 4 150 per person sharing|
|2018||March – 2 spaces left
November – 4 Divers
We will be guests on board the Dolphin Dream liveaboard vessel: The Dolphin Dream is a 83′ x 26′ ocean expedition charter yacht with twin engines. She is designed to ride the sea in comfort and equipped well above any safety standards for the size vessel.
There are five spacious cabins with full size upper and lower bunk beds and one large cabin with a double bed, accommodating a maximum of 12 divers. The salon and cabins are located aft of center line, the most comfortable place in a boat.
There is room for cameras on shelves with electrics and a 27” TV, DVD/VCR, stereo, book and video library. The back deck has tables for cameras, fresh water rinse hose, fishing equipment and the stairs leading to the upper deck, a great place for sunbathing and ocean/dolphin watching. The large built-in platform has the scuba tanks and a step away to take your giant stride. For night diving, big flood light our way.
Life on board is informal and relaxing, comfortable and clean. While enjoying your solitude, you will encounter a stress-free atmosphere where dressing down is encouraged and world news is only in the back of your mind. The days are spent experiencing Nature, and our nights are spent anchored under the stars. We avoid the tourist traps unless requested.
Meals onboard include outstanding home-style cooking. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are prepared fresh, while snacks and refreshments are available all day.
The vessel is manned by two licensed captains, a cook and a mate all trained to give the safest and funnest service. Safety is a number one priority, particularly when you are in the water. At all times there are two crew on the boat watching, in case anybody has a problem while swimming. There is always one crew in the water with you while swimming.
- 9 days full board /all meals and local brand soft drinks, juices, light alcohol
- 3-4 dives per day; SCUBA, snorkeling and/or freediving
- Cylinders and weight belts
- Lesley Rochat Underwater Photography Workshop
- Lesley as dive guide and photography on-location teacher.
- Weights and tanks
- Transfer to Dolphin Dream
- Dive gear or snorkeling gear
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY
In order to secure your place a 40% deposit is required. The balance must be paid 90 days before the expedition. Should you book anything less than 4 months before the start of the expedition, a 100% of cost is required to secure your place.
Cancellation must be made in writing and if made less than 90 days before the expedition a refund is subject to the space being sold, less administration costs. If the space is not sold, there is no refund.
Should you cancel more than 90 days in advance 90% will be refunded.
All diving is dictated by weather conditions and the itinerary is subject to change. There is no refund for no-dive days.
Proof of travel and diving insurance, as well as dive certification must be presented on day of arrival.
“What an incredible team at Shark Warrior! These guys are amazing! They offer a wonderful service at a great price!”
Pieter Schikkerling ,South Africa
“Being highly knowledgeable about her passion, the ocean and sharks, Lesley ensured I had a holiday of a lifetime!”
Stephen Neild ,United Kingdom
“Spending time with Lesley and seeing the world through her lens was a priviledge and very inspiring!”